Blue Moon is a community-made Crazy Map by disney12. It has 7 standard buttons, 2 group buttons, and is playable across all of Flood Escape 2. It is heavily proclaimed to be the hardest map in Flood Escape 2.
Blue Moon is notoriously difficult with its countless obstacles (long jumps, wraps, etc.) and being lengthy. It is also famous for its quick lava, which will race against you at all costs. Shortcuts are common and can usually reduce the difficulty. The lava can rise quickly, and falling or not pressing buttons can most likely result in death. Additionally, if you are not fast enough—whether at the beginning, middle, or near the end—the lava will get to you, so you must be very quick but careful.
Blue Moon takes place in a space station called "Blue Moon Space Station" located on a mountainous moon. It has a bluish-grey aesthetic and is seemingly sci-fi. You can also see some satellite dishes on top of the building and there's a giant banner with the words, 'BLUE MOON' and a moon symbol on it. Inside the building, you can see rooms with plants in giant tubes, possibly used for collecting oxygen. Amusingly, the lava looks like cheese, which became an inside joke among Flood Escape 2 players.
- Blue Moon was officially added to FE2 on July 17, 2019 and is the first Crazy Map added to Flood Escape 2.
- It became the hardest map when it was added, overthrowing Dark Sci-Facility and Beneath the Ruins, making it the first non-Crazyblox created map to become such.
- Before the revamp, you can see several frogs in the map.
- In one of the oldest versions of Blue Moon, an image containing Giorno Giovanna from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure can be seen at the third button.
- The map's former music back when it wasn’t added to FE2 was Another Medium from Undertale, and its first BGM was Space Junk Galaxy from Super Mario Galaxy.
- Before Blue Moon had its own OST, its placeholder was the original soundtrack for Beneath the Ruins.
- Blue Moon had a nerf at the start of June, dissatisfying a lot of people. Around 2 weeks later, it was buffed twice before being added to the game.
- There was an Easter Egg in the 3rd room which is a picture of Giorno Giovanna with a frog on his chest, a reference to the 5th part of the manga/anime series JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. This was removed when Blue Moon got revamped.
- While Blue Moon has its own OST, disney12 decided to change the music of the FE2 Community Maps counterpart to CaptainSparklez - Revenge, a Minecraft song and meme, in response to the alleged BoonMoon references on its Crazyblox Games Forum post temporarily. This was later reverted.
- Blue Moon is one of the maps you can play in both Flood Escape 2 and FE2 Community Maps, with the others being Sunken Citadel, Buried Oasis, Magmatic Mines, Construction Thrill, Northern Workshop, and Poisonous Chasm.
- Before the revamp, there was a hidden photo of the map itself behind the end zone.
- After a long hiatus, disney12 returned and released an official revamp of Blue Moon in FE2 Community Maps. After a few days, the revamp version was added to Flood Escape 2 in the 06/23/21 update.
- In the revamp version, the escapee is replaced by an astronaut and the 7th button is now a group button.
- In the Agility Update, the map has been buffed. There are now a few sliding sections present in the map, which may slow down many players.
- If a rescue mission is activated on this map, the escapee will be located on a box added to the left of the 6th button.
Walkthrough, OST, and Guide
|Blue Moon OST|
|Duration||Composer||Roblox Library ID||Audio|
|Easy||Lost Woods • Axiom • Castle Tides • Poisonous Valley • Marred Dreams • Buried Oasis • Forsaken Era|
|Normal||Infiltration • Cave System • Flood Island • Oriental Grove • Sky Sanctuary • Decrepit Seas • Mysterium • Forgotten Tombs • Construction Thrill • Northern Workshop|
|Hard||Lava Tower • Crystal Caverns • Snowy Peaks • Dark Sci-Forest • Graveyard Cliffside • Wild Savannah • Sedimentary Temple • Fallen • Sunken Citadel|
|Insane||Abandoned Facility • Familiar Ruins • Lost Desert • Gloomy Manor • Sinking Ship • Dark Sci-Facility • Beneath the Ruins • Magmatic Mines|
|Crazy||Blue Moon • Poisonous Chasm|
|Nemesis • No Light|
|Removed/Discontinued||Humble Jungle • Autumn Hideaway|