As stated by the map's name, the map is located in a giant cave that has many crystals throughout the whole map. The texture of the platforms is a similar color, pale and white. A sound of glass breaking is played when pressing the first three buttons. In the first underwater section, the crystals form the major obstacle. You will have to dodge certain crystals to make your way through. Later on you will press 3 buttons scattered in tunnel-like areas and finally swim upwards, press the last button, and swim to the exit.
- Experienced players can preemptively wait at each button for a faster time.
- FloodEscaper1 has made a few other popular maps in FE2 Community Maps.
- This is the only map where water doesn't change into acid or lava.
- Many players say that this is a boring map due to the same color theme of the map, mostly swimming in the map, and weaker and slow beats of the song.
- This is one of the 5 maps (4 as of now) that include Air Bubble/Tank, the others being Abandoned Facility, Autumn Hideaway, Magmatic Mines, and Dark Sci-Forest (the air bubble is inaccessible as it is hidden underneath the map).
- This map and Abandoned Facility are the only maps that take place mostly underwater.
- This map only floods once, and that is to make sure everyone in the first non-underwater segment is in water.
- The music is designed to be almost identical to when in water.
- Crystal Caverns used to be a Easy map in FE2 Map Test before changing to a Hard map by Crazyblox.
- To newer players this map is hard, because they will not know how to navigate this map.
- In a recent update, the entire map had it's textures changed to 'marble'.
- In the Agility Update, the map got updated. The 2nd button's placement has been moved and you must now ride a zipline in order to press it.
- If a rescue mission is activated on this map, the escapee will be located underwater on the floor in the underwater section.
- During a Lost Page Map Event, the Lost Page will be found behind a crystal in the 6th button's room.
Walkthrough and OST
|Easy||Lost Woods • Axiom • Castle Tides • Poisonous Valley • Marred Dreams • Buried Oasis • Forsaken Era|
|Normal||Infiltration • Cave System • Flood Island • Oriental Grove • Sky Sanctuary • Decrepit Seas • Mysterium • Forgotten Tombs • Construction Thrill • Northern Workshop|
|Hard||Lava Tower • Crystal Caverns • Snowy Peaks • Dark Sci-Forest • Graveyard Cliffside • Wild Savannah • Sedimentary Temple • Fallen • Sunken Citadel|
|Insane||Abandoned Facility • Familiar Ruins • Lost Desert • Gloomy Manor • Sinking Ship • Dark Sci-Facility • Beneath the Ruins • Magmatic Mines|
|Crazy||Blue Moon • Poisonous Chasm|
|Nemesis • No Light|
|Removed/Discontinued||Humble Jungle • Autumn Hideaway|