Dark Sci-Facility is an Insane Map created by Crazyblox. Ever since it was first released, this map is heavily proclaimed to be the hardest Insane Map in Flood Escape 2 to complete along with Beneath the Ruins. It has 6 standard buttons and 1 group button.
Dark Sci-Facility is designed to look like a high-tech facility, as demonstrated with gray padded walls of the first section and progresses to more of a hardware texture. The layout of the map focuses mainly on complicated jumps and movements back and forth between buttons and hard-to-reach-trusses.
Dark Sci-Forest and Dark Sci-Facility share a lot of similarities, in the sense that they both follow a Sci-Fi theme and have similar platforming mechanics. They also connect to each other based on Crazyblox's tweet from 2017.
Lava rises extremely fast and many hard jumps appear throughout the level; thus, this map troubles a massive amount of players. There are two very hard platform-to-platform wedge jumps within the first half of the map which easily foil the attempts of most players. The box before the 3rd button kills many players because it can crash their head. Players cannot make any mistakes; the lava can catch up to a player very quickly, drowning or trapping them in one of the facility's rooms. Some people think this is easier than Beneath the Ruins, while others say that this is the hardest Insane map.
- Dark Sci-Facility was released in November 2017, shortly after the beta release of Flood Escape 2.
- Based on Crazyblox's tweet, this map is the sequel of Dark Sci-Forest. According to the tweet, after the players reach the exit, the lift comes crashing down to the beginning of Dark Sci-Facility.
- Like Lost Desert, this is a rhythm-based map. Once you finish the first room, the hardware walls will cooperate with the beats of the music.
- This is the former icon of Flood Escape 2 Pro Mode, due to it being one of the hardest levels in the game. In a update that changed the positions of the lobby features, the Pro Server icon was changed to a purple-ish background of the old FE2 lobby.
- This map is also the icon in the VIP gamepass although the wall's colors are inverted.
- In the No Light video, Crazyblox recorded the ExitRegion of Dark Sci-Facility, with cracks with purple beams, hinting a new map coming out which is a continuation of Dark Sci-Facility. When you complete DSF, you can see the cracks in the floor, letting you see a tunnel underneath, resembling an old sneak peek.
- The area of the 6th button contains a box that appears after pressing the 5th button. Since the implementation of anti-cheat measures, if the player is inside the box when it appears, there's a high chance the anti-cheat would trigger and kill the player, as the game believes they're exploiting to get inside objects. This more commonly triggers for players with high network ping, as they either stay in the box for longer or are repeatedly jumping on where the box would appear.
- This is mostly no longer the case as the anti-cheat has been changed to not kill the player, but instead teleport them out of objects. The teleportation can eject players into the lava, though, so still be careful.
- The wedge jumps in this map are known to be some of the hardest jumps throughout the whole map. Most players die because of it.
- There is a mistake at the beginning, where you can climb up the trusses in the first room, and not die from the lava.
- Some players say that this is the hardest map Crazyblox has made though some say that that title belongs to Beneath the Ruins. Even though when Blue Moon and Poisonous Chasm were added, Dark Sci-Facility still remains one of if not the hardest Insane Map.
- On 2021/01/28, the map's pulsating lights and screen shaking was added back after being removed for many months.
- On July 20, 2021, the screen shaking has been changed to where it only occurs when the Camera FX has been enabled because of a glitch where the camera goes up when the shaking occurs.
- Like Decrepit Seas, this map has an unused OST. Click here.
- There are many maps in the FE2 CM that are buffs of this map like Generic Sci Facility.
- In the Agility Update, this map has been buffed. You will now require to slide under a wall to enter the 1st room and after the 3rd button room. The 2nd part of the map has not been changed.
- If a rescue mission is activated on this map, the escapee will be located near the wall-jump after the second button, where a small route was added to get them. This route has a jump that is very difficult leading to a ladder to the platform with an escapee on it. An alternate route to take instead is to use the wall jump again to get to the platform, rather than doing a difficult jump.
- Because of the platform of the escapee, it is easier for people to do the No Buttons Challenge. Here's a video of it.
Walkthrough and OST
|Dark Sci-Facility OST|
|Duration||Composer||Roblox Library ID||Audio|
|Easy||Lost Woods • Axiom • Castle Tides • Poisonous Valley • Marred Dreams • Buried Oasis • Forsaken Era|
|Normal||Infiltration • Cave System • Flood Island • Oriental Grove • Sky Sanctuary • Decrepit Seas • Mysterium • Forgotten Tombs • Construction Thrill • Northern Workshop|
|Hard||Lava Tower • Crystal Caverns • Snowy Peaks • Dark Sci-Forest • Graveyard Cliffside • Wild Savannah • Sedimentary Temple • Fallen • Sunken Citadel|
|Insane||Abandoned Facility • Familiar Ruins • Lost Desert • Gloomy Manor • Sinking Ship • Dark Sci-Facility • Beneath the Ruins • Magmatic Mines|
|Crazy||Blue Moon • Poisonous Chasm|
|Nemesis • No Light|
|Removed/Discontinued||Humble Jungle • Autumn Hideaway|