This map takes place in a forest with some futuristic equipment. When you play this map, you will notice that it's raining purple acid. In the first room, you can see a ton of trees, a large fallen log and a lava pit with a few platforms above it. After sliding under the metal gate, you will enter the 2nd room which has a large acid lake. The 4th, 5th and 6th buttons are scattered at the edges of the lake so players must swim through the acid and press the buttons and not run out of air. When you climb up the hills, there are giant logs, a broken bridge made out of truss, and you have to cross these obstacles before the acid rises and turns into lava. This map is not completely unique, as Dark Sci-Facility has a similar style and name, but this map still shows its difference. The map has scientific-looking button boxes just like the ones found in Axiom. The 2 giant gates and the exit region's design is similar to the futuristic-looking boxes.
- According to a tweet by Crazyblox, Dark Sci-Facility is this map's sequel. Based on the tweet, after the players reach the exit, the lift will come crashing down to the beginning of Dark Sci-Facility.
- There is an Air Bubble located beneath the end zone. This is probably due to dependencies back when the map was released. You can access it by climbing over the end zone and swim under the map.
- If you climb up on the top of the exit region, the lava can't reach you. Many players do this after going in the exit or to troll. If you don't go in the exit and climb up the building, it doesn't count as survival and you will soon die by the time limit.
- This is the first map to have a different color of acid (purple) rather than the standard green. This is followed by Poisonous Valley with its pink acid. Although the lava is still its normal red color. It is also one of the few maps to have a special type of liquid.
- The first gate near the second button has an invisible block on it to prevent the players to pass above it.
- If players do a No Buttons Challenge (NBC) and reach the exit zone, there is a non-collidable wooden wall, allowing players to walk through it but they won't survive.
- This map had an old OST until it was replaced by the one we had previously. Click here to listen to it.
- Dark Sci-Forest shares the same acronym with Dark Sci-Facility, which is DSF. However when people use this acronym, most of them refer to Dark Sci-Facility.
- In the Agility Update, the map got slightly buffed. You must now slide under a fence after pressing the 2nd button. After pressing the 7th button, you must now zipline all the way to the 8th button.
- In a twitter post, Crazyblox announced that Dark Sci-Forest's OST will get updated and that this version will add more life to the map.
- The OST was updated on April 22nd, 2021, which is also the first day of this game being in the Metaverse Champions Event. This map was also buffed, and there's now a new button, putting it at 9 buttons total. The new button is not only a group button but it is also the new 1st button.
- In the beginning of the OST, you can hear Morse Code. If you use a Morse code translator, it says "SOS LOCATION DSF".
- When this map got revamped, you can now see a giant fallen log in the beginning of the map. Players can choose to whether jump over or slide under it.
- This is the 2nd map to have an acid rain. The first being Poisonous Chasm.
- If a rescue mission is activated on this map, the escapee will be located on a platform above the 6th button. The platform is accessed via the seventh button.
- During a Lost Page Map Event, the Lost Page will be found submerged in the acid lake near the truss to the 7th button.
Walkthrough and OST
|Easy||Lost Woods • Axiom • Castle Tides • Poisonous Valley • Marred Dreams • Buried Oasis • Forsaken Era|
|Normal||Infiltration • Cave System • Flood Island • Oriental Grove • Sky Sanctuary • Decrepit Seas • Mysterium • Forgotten Tombs • Construction Thrill • Northern Workshop|
|Hard||Lava Tower • Crystal Caverns • Snowy Peaks • Dark Sci-Forest • Graveyard Cliffside • Wild Savannah • Sedimentary Temple • Fallen • Sunken Citadel|
|Insane||Abandoned Facility • Familiar Ruins • Lost Desert • Gloomy Manor • Sinking Ship • Dark Sci-Facility • Beneath the Ruins • Magmatic Mines|
|Crazy||Blue Moon • Poisonous Chasm|
|Nemesis • No Light|
|Removed/Discontinued||Humble Jungle • Autumn Hideaway|