Familiar Ruins' design is styled after the original Flood Escape game especially the room with the fifth button is copied directly, the models, style, color, and jumps are very similar. Throughout the map, lava can almost be seen everywhere, it rises fast, and slow players will normally die. This is considered as one of the easiest Insane maps, so on a decent server, most players are likely to survive, increasing chances to move on to a Crazy map. There are many glitches and shortcuts which allow players to activate buttons quicker. For example, players can glitch out of the wooden taped door just before the 5th button to go outside of the Flood Escape 1 lobby. However, they will not be able to progress further without activating the skipped button.
- This map is one of the few maps to have multiple forms of lava.
- This map was one of the first maps and has been buffed and nerfed only once.
- This map might have been the inspiration for the many FE1 and FE2 ruins maps in FE2 Community Maps.
- The lava used to rise very quickly in the first room, and if a player faltered to get the button, the whole group was likely gonna die. After an update, the lava now rises late. But even now, if you or someone else fails, a sacrifice would have to be made to get to that button.
- A noticeable update to this map was released on January 18, 2018. This update includes the "Medium Lift" update, the visuals of the outside changed, the lava in the first room was slowed, and the troll in the first room was patched.
- The box near the 5th button was moved into a hole filled with lava near the 5th button to prevent shortcuts. However, you can still jump on a thin ledge in a similar spot though it's harder to reach the button now.
- The OST of the map is a remix of the Lobby's OST.
- In the Agility Update, this map has been buffed. It will now require you to slide under an obstacle in order to enter the 2nd room. After pressing the final button, you will also need to zipline to the other side.
- Because of this update, you can do the No Buttons Challenge by using glitching and wall hop. Although, it doesn't count as a survival because you need to press all buttons to escape.
- If a rescue mission is activated on this map, the escapee will be located on the hard lift, which has now been risen up.
- The Lava in the last room flashes when the acid in the second room turns into Lava
- A player named Oriongolem9 says that once you glitch out of the end and go underneath the main building, you can see the outside of the map.
Walkthrough and OST
|Familiar Ruins OST|
|Duration||Composer||Roblox Library ID||Audio|
|Easy||Lost Woods • Axiom • Castle Tides • Poisonous Valley • Marred Dreams • Buried Oasis • Forsaken Era|
|Normal||Infiltration • Cave System • Flood Island • Oriental Grove • Sky Sanctuary • Decrepit Seas • Mysterium • Forgotten Tombs • Construction Thrill • Northern Workshop|
|Hard||Lava Tower • Crystal Caverns • Snowy Peaks • Dark Sci-Forest • Graveyard Cliffside • Wild Savannah • Sedimentary Temple • Fallen • Sunken Citadel|
|Insane||Abandoned Facility • Familiar Ruins • Lost Desert • Gloomy Manor • Sinking Ship • Dark Sci-Facility • Beneath the Ruins • Magmatic Mines|
|Crazy||Blue Moon • Poisonous Chasm|
|Nemesis • No Light|
|Removed/Discontinued||Humble Jungle • Autumn Hideaway|