The map is located in the ruined lobby and maps of the original Flood Escape Classic game. The first two rooms are abandoned maps, with platforms being broken and the lava and acid that will soon flood these two rooms respectively. After pressing the three buttons in the second room has been pressed, the Lift of the Medium Difficulty will open up, granting access to the ruined Lobby. The Lobby's walls and floor are broken, with the lava peeking out of the floor. The outside area has cracks everywhere, and the waterfalls has turned into lava. The exit is located at the exit of the Code Break Room.
- Unlike many of the maps, the map uses two different textures for the lava. The Granite texture is used in the spawn area while Magma is used for the rest of the map.
- The original name of the map was "DEJA VU", as seen in this clip
- This map, along with Beneath The Ruins, might have been the inspiration for the many FE1 and FE2 ruins maps in FE2 Community Maps.
- The lava used to rise very quickly in the first room, and if a player faltered to get the button, the whole group will most likely die especially in Group Buttons Event killing 91.33% of the whole server . After an update, the lava's speed has been nerfed. But even now, if you or someone else fails, a sacrifice would have to be made to reach that button.
- Crazyblox tweeted a photo of when he was making this map in a live stream on April 10, 2017.
- A noticeable update to this map was released on January 18, 2018. This update includes the "Medium Lift" update, the change of the visuals of the outside area, the change of the 1st room's lava's speed, and the patch of the troll in the spawn area.
- Back then, there was a bug where the player would die as soon as they spawned inside the map.
- There was a box below the 5th button which was used as shortcut to press the button faster. But in an update, the box was moved into a hole filled with lava nearby. However, you can still jump on a thin ledge in a similar spot, though it's harder to reach the button now.
- The OST of the map is a remix of the Lobby's OST.
- The lava in the Lobby area flashes once the acid in the 2nd room has turned to lava.
- Despite this, only the acid's texture got changed to the lava's texture, not the liquid itself.
- A picture of this map can be seen in the first room of No Light, a discontinued Crazy Map by Crazyblox.
- In the Agility Update, this map has been buffed. It will now require you to slide under an obstacle in order to enter the 2nd room. After pressing the final button, you will also need to zipline to the other side after pressing the 6th Button.
- Because of this, players were able to do the No Buttons Challenge through the use of corner clipping and shortcuts. This was patched as Roblox patch Corner Clips.
- Familiar Ruins is one of the four Insane Maps not to contain any wall jumps the second is Lost Desert (Formally) the next maps to follow this trend are Gloomy Manor and Sinking Ship.
- If a rescue mission is activated on this map, the escapee will be located on the Hard lift in the FE1 lobby, which has now been risen up.
Walkthrough and OST
|Familiar Ruins OST|
|Duration||Composer||Roblox Library ID||Audio|
|Easy||Lost Woods • Axiom • Castle Tides • Poisonous Valley • Marred Dreams • Buried Oasis • Forsaken Era|
|Normal||Infiltration • Cave System • Flood Island • Oriental Grove • Sky Sanctuary • Decrepit Seas • Mysterium • Forgotten Tombs • Construction Thrill • Fall Equinox|
|Hard||Lava Tower • Crystal Caverns • Snowy Peaks • Dark Sci-Forest • Graveyard Cliffside • Wild Savannah • Sedimentary Temple • Sunken Citadel • Relic Valley • Poisonous Forest|
|Insane||Abandoned Facility • Familiar Ruins • Lost Desert • Gloomy Manor • Sinking Ship • Dark Sci-Facility • Beneath The Ruins • Magmatic Mines • Fallen|
|Crazy||Blue Moon • Poisonous Chasm|
|Seasonal Maps||Eerie Peaks • Polar Industry • Northern Workshop|
|Pre-Alpha Maps||Dis gon be EZ • NewThing • Test Map • Map Making Kit • Scientific|
|Unnamed Cave Map • Unnamed Underwater Map • Humble Jungle • Purple Sector • Autumn Hideaway • Unnamed Halloween Map • No Light|