The map is, as stated by its name, is located in an island in the middle of the sea, with a thunderstorm brewing. Players spawn on a crate floating on the water. The beach is littered with more crates and several wooden boards. Throughout the island, small palm trees are growing, giving the island a tropical feeling. The island has several rock and wooden platforms, and more crates. A large wooden door separates the beach from the inner island while another larger, wooden door blocks the path to the exit zone. At the end is a helipad, where the flood cannot reach the player.
- The map was initially set on a sunny day, contrary to the current version. It was only in a recent update did Flood Island receive a stormy weather, which included the wind effect and lightning flashes.
- Flood Island appears in the game's trailer
- Also, Flood Island's OST was used in the game's trailer.
- Flood Island and Forgotten Tombs have the same amount of normal and group buttons.
- This map is one of the few maps where the lava covers every surface except for the end.
- The acid turns to lava and rises quickly, killing off slower, and newer players.
- At the end of the map instead of climbing unto the helipad, players can use the Headspin emote to waste time or troll players. Water does not harm players unless it touches the head.
- This has been patched however.
- The first button has a blue, metallic cable that is connected to the door, and players can climb on this. This can be used as a shortcut to the second button, however it can be tricky as the cable is thin and consumes a lot of time when not done properly.
- There is a shortcut to the third button where you can "wall jump" from the two stone pillars to the wooden platform which holds the button.
- No Buttons Challenge (NBC) was possible in this map. This includes glitching, and shortcuts. However if a player does this, they will not only die by the time limit, they will also not earn the XP as in order to escape, all buttons must be pressed.
- This map has only 3 buttons, being one of the maps with the fewest buttons along with Lost Woods and Forgotten Tombs.
- In a Twitter post, it was revealed this map was once called "Beach" during development.
- In the Halloween update, there are now multiple lightning flashes instead of only 2.
- The map has yet to be given an updated image after the thunderstorm update. The reason why it hasn't been updated yet is unknown, but it's most likely never going to be implemented to the game.
- Flood Island's image is used in the "Lost Page Collector" badge.
- If a rescue mission is activated on this map, the escapee will be located to the right of the first button, on some changed terrain.
- During a Lost Page Map Event, the Lost Page will be found inside a large crate in the area behind the large barricaded door. Players must first press the last button in order access the area.
- This is probably one of the hardest Lost Pages to collect in the game, as it's very hidden and far from the main parkour.
Walkthrough and OST
|Easy||Lost Woods • Axiom • Castle Tides • Poisonous Valley • Marred Dreams • Buried Oasis • Forsaken Era|
|Normal||Infiltration • Cave System • Flood Island • Oriental Grove • Sky Sanctuary • Decrepit Seas • Mysterium • Forgotten Tombs • Construction Thrill • Fall Equinox|
|Hard||Lava Tower • Crystal Caverns • Snowy Peaks • Dark Sci-Forest • Graveyard Cliffside • Wild Savannah • Sedimentary Temple • Sunken Citadel • Relic Valley • Poisonous Forest|
|Insane||Abandoned Facility • Familiar Ruins • Lost Desert • Gloomy Manor • Sinking Ship • Dark Sci-Facility • Beneath The Ruins • Magmatic Mines • Fallen|
|Crazy||Blue Moon • Poisonous Chasm|
|Seasonal Maps||Eerie Peaks • Polar Industry • Northern Workshop|
|Pre-Alpha Maps||Dis gon be EZ • NewThing • Test Map • Map Making Kit • Scientific|
|Unnamed Cave Map • Unnamed Underwater Map • Humble Jungle • Purple Sector • Autumn Hideaway • Unnamed Halloween Map • No Light|