The overall design is a tower with lava falling from the fall and rising from below. It has a large usage of marble and rock on the tower. Many platforms are made out of wood, but the map contains many rock platforms also. The lava rises at a steady pace.
- This map was inspired by one of the stages in the game Rayman 2: The Great Escape. Lava Tower also formerly used its OST called, "The Lava Tower".
- This map and Forgotten Tombs have the same OST.
- This is known to be the shortest hard map in most players view.
- Before Lava Tower was updated, the upper part of the map was way easier.
- The lava in the walls never damages or kill players.
- There are many difficult jumps, requiring you to time the jump very precisely.
- In the Alpha stages of FE2, there was a camera angle switch while going up the tower. This made the map so much harder than what it was without the camera angles. The tower also used to have a rockier texture. The map was also very shorter than the current one we have today.
- Lava Tower was featured in the 7th Annual Bloxy's video where JParty was explaining about the previous winner of the Xbox Game of the Year, Flood Escape 2.
- Lava Tower is the first Hard map added to Flood Escape 2.
- In the Agility Update, this map got buffed. Some jumps have been made harder to do and you must now slide under a wall to start climbing the tower.
- If a rescue mission is activated on this map, the escapee will be located on a platform near the last button.
- This new platform also makes it easier to jump down to the main path.
- During a Lost Page Map Event, the Lost Page will be found on a platform above the 4th button. You can access the page by going on the 5th button's route. When you're near the button, you can see a separate path that will lead to the page.
Walkthrough and OST
|Easy||Lost Woods • Axiom • Castle Tides • Poisonous Valley • Marred Dreams • Buried Oasis • Forsaken Era|
|Normal||Infiltration • Cave System • Flood Island • Oriental Grove • Sky Sanctuary • Decrepit Seas • Mysterium • Forgotten Tombs • Construction Thrill • Northern Workshop|
|Hard||Lava Tower • Crystal Caverns • Snowy Peaks • Dark Sci-Forest • Graveyard Cliffside • Wild Savannah • Sedimentary Temple • Fallen • Sunken Citadel|
|Insane||Abandoned Facility • Familiar Ruins • Lost Desert • Gloomy Manor • Sinking Ship • Dark Sci-Facility • Beneath the Ruins • Magmatic Mines|
|Crazy||Blue Moon • Poisonous Chasm|
|Nemesis • No Light|
|Removed/Discontinued||Humble Jungle • Autumn Hideaway|