The map takes place in a tall room with a tower in the middle. On the walls are lava pouring down into floor, flooding it which will rise soon. The tower mostly uses marble and rock material, with many wooden and stone platforms attached to it. The gameplay is mostly climbing the tower and pausing at different levels to press buttons. The exit is located above the lava falls, which can be accessed by several platforms on the wall.
- This map was inspired by one of the stages in the game Rayman 2: The Great Escape. Lava Tower also formerly used its OST called, "The Lava Tower".
- Lava Tower and Forgotten Tombs both share the same OST.
- The map is one of the fastest to complete, especially in multiplayer.
- When Crazyblox was still working on the map, he tweeted 2 videos to Twitter.
- Before Lava Tower was updated, the upper part of the map was easier and shorter.
- The lava in the walls never damages or kill players.
- There are many difficult jumps, requiring you to time the jump very precisely.
- In the Alpha stages of FE2, there was a camera angle switch while going up the tower. This made the map so much harder than the current version. The tower also used to have a rockier texture. The map was also very shorter than the current one we have today. (As seen on reference 2)
- When the map got its revamp, Crazyblox posted a tweet about it on Twitter. Although in the picture, some of the platforms has the baseplate texture.
- Lava Tower was featured in the 7th Annual Bloxy's video where JParty was explaining about the previous winner of the Xbox Game of the Year, Flood Escape 2.
- Lava Tower is the first Hard map added to Flood Escape 2.
- In the Agility Update, this map got buffed. Some jumps have been made harder to do and you must now slide under a wall to start climbing the tower.
- This is the first Hard Map to start off with lava being the liquid. The next maps to follow this are Dark Sci-Forest (In the first area), Graveyard Cliffside, Sedimentary Temple, Sunken Citadel, Relic Valley , Poisonous Forest and Wild Savannah (In the second area)
- If a rescue mission is activated on this map, the escapee will be located on a platform near the last button.
- This new platform also makes it easier to jump down to the main path.
- During a Lost Page Map Event, the Lost Page will be found on a platform above the 4th button. You can access the page by going on the 5th button's route. When you're near the button, you can see a separate path that will lead to the page.
Walkthrough and OST
|Easy||Lost Woods • Axiom • Castle Tides • Poisonous Valley • Marred Dreams • Buried Oasis • Forsaken Era|
|Normal||Infiltration • Cave System • Flood Island • Oriental Grove • Sky Sanctuary • Decrepit Seas • Mysterium • Forgotten Tombs • Construction Thrill • Fall Equinox|
|Hard||Lava Tower • Crystal Caverns • Snowy Peaks • Dark Sci-Forest • Graveyard Cliffside • Wild Savannah • Sedimentary Temple • Sunken Citadel • Relic Valley • Poisonous Forest|
|Insane||Abandoned Facility • Familiar Ruins • Lost Desert • Gloomy Manor • Sinking Ship • Dark Sci-Facility • Beneath The Ruins • Magmatic Mines • Fallen|
|Crazy||Blue Moon • Poisonous Chasm|
|Seasonal Maps||Eerie Peaks • Polar Industry • Northern Workshop|
|Pre-Alpha Maps||Dis gon be EZ • NewThing • Test Map • Map Making Kit • Scientific|
|Unnamed Cave Map • Unnamed Underwater Map • Humble Jungle • Purple Sector • Autumn Hideaway • Unnamed Halloween Map • No Light|