Mysterium is located in a long and cramped mineshaft, that largely comprises metal parts, hard jumps, boxes, some mining equipment. The map's atmosphere has a purple fog that give it its mysterious look, hence its name "Mysterium". The map is cramped in some of the rooms and there are lots of thin jumps which can be a problem for some players. Third person view can hard to work with, which can cause some mistakes for some players. When this was added into the game, Crazyblox added a purple tint to things to make it more mysterious.
- Mysterium means "mystery" in Swedish.
- Because of this, Mysterium is the only map in the game where the name is not in English.
- Some people play this map in First Person to make it easier for the playing experience.
- This map used to be known as Enigmatic Mines, which can still be played in FE2CM.
- This also makes Mysterium the first map to have a different name prior to its addition to the main game. The 2nd being Fall Equinox.
- Mysterium has a total of nine buttons, making this map to have the second most buttons along with Dark Sci-Forest, Construction Thrill, Beneath The Ruins, Poisonous Forest and Blue Moon, only one button below Gloomy Manor and Fallen which they have 10.
- You can use a shortcut to reach the 7th button. First, go to the land across the spawn then wait until the water rises and you can boost yourself to the button. In a recent patch, Crazyblox made the shortcut harder to do. You can still reach the button if you jump at the right moment.
- There's an invisible wall in the hallway in front of the 4th button's room
- You can use the 7th button frame to jump onto another area.
- No Buttons Challenge (NBC) was possible in this map, which can be achieved by glitching and doing shortcuts. This has been patched.
- This was a replacement map for Forgotten Tombs after the Labyrinth Event ended. Regardless of this, Forgotten Tombs was re-added later that year.
- Before this map came out, Crazyblox posted 2 tweets, each containing a picture of the new map name, and a view of it being played ingame.
- This is the first official map made by ElectroBlast199. The second being Forsaken Era
- If a rescue mission is activated on this map, the escapee will be located on a lower ledge near the fifth and seventh buttons.
- During a Lost Page Map Event, the Lost Page will be found below the 7th button. You can either swim all the way to the page when the round starts or swim down the acid when pressing the 7th button.
Walkthrough and OST
|Easy||Lost Woods • Axiom • Castle Tides • Poisonous Valley • Marred Dreams • Buried Oasis • Forsaken Era|
|Normal||Infiltration • Cave System • Flood Island • Oriental Grove • Sky Sanctuary • Decrepit Seas • Mysterium • Forgotten Tombs • Construction Thrill • Fall Equinox|
|Hard||Lava Tower • Crystal Caverns • Snowy Peaks • Dark Sci-Forest • Graveyard Cliffside • Wild Savannah • Sedimentary Temple • Sunken Citadel • Relic Valley • Poisonous Forest|
|Insane||Abandoned Facility • Familiar Ruins • Lost Desert • Gloomy Manor • Sinking Ship • Dark Sci-Facility • Beneath The Ruins • Magmatic Mines • Fallen|
|Crazy||Blue Moon • Poisonous Chasm|
|Seasonal Maps||Eerie Peaks • Polar Industry • Northern Workshop|
|Pre-Alpha Maps||Dis gon be EZ • NewThing • Test Map • Map Making Kit • Scientific|
|Unnamed Cave Map • Unnamed Underwater Map • Humble Jungle • Purple Sector • Autumn Hideaway • Unnamed Halloween Map • No Light|