Poisonous Chasm is a community-made Crazy Map created by Shortroundzach. It has a total of 7 Buttons (5 standard & 2 group). It is currently playable across all of Flood Escape 2. This is the second Crazy Map to be added into the official Flood Escape 2 game.
Poisonous Chasm takes place in an abandoned mineshaft located in a vast chasm which is soon going to be flooded by purple lava or 'poison' (which is the same concept of liquid that was also used for the acid in Poisonous Valley). The spawn of the map is a rusty lift, that is hidden inside a small cave filled with purple crystals. Throughout the map, wooden scaffolding and boxes are littered in the chasm, with the paths being dimly lit by small blue lanterns. The mineshaft is overrun with vegetation, giving the feeling the area was abandoned for a while. An acid rain is also pouring down, although it is most noticeable in the final area.
- This map is the second Crazy map to be released in Flood Escape 2. The one before it being Blue Moon.
- This is the 2nd map to follow a mineshaft-theme. The first being Mysterium and the third being Magmatic Mines.
- The truss on the elevator in the beginning of the map can be climbed, although you will waste time doing so. If you plan to climb it all the way to the top, the lava will still catch up to you.
- This is Shortroundzach's first map added to Flood Escape 2. The 2nd is Magmatic Mines.
- Before being added to the main game, Poisonous Chasm used Blue Moon's soundtrack as its BGM in FE2CM.
- Poisonous Chasm's OST contains motifs from Poisonous Valley's OST, as the both of them has a similar theme.
- Also, this map has an unused OST, which can be listened in the gallery below.
- Before the revamp, there were no exit blocks. You can also skip the walljumps by walking on the edge of the wall. Both of these were changed/patched however when the map got revamped. Both of these remain in the FE2 Community Maps version.
- The No Buttons Challenge used to be possible in this map which required wall hopping, back-jumps, and corner clips, as seen in this video here. This is no longer achievable as corner clipping was patched by Roblox in December 2021.
- Poisonous Chasm is the 1st and only map where its liquid's texture got changed 3 times.
- There is an invisible roof on top of the box with the final button on it. On the invisible roof, there is a platform on which you can stand on. The lava doesn't reach the platform, allowing you to troll.
- A few weeks after Blue Moon got revamped, Poisonous Chasm also got revamped on July 9, 2021.
- In the Agility Update, the map has been buffed. There are now a few sliding sections at the first part of the map. As a result, the map got harder as the sliding sections slow down many players if they're not familiar with the surroundings.
- There used to be a sliding obstacle near the long jump after the 2nd button. It was removed due to community backlash.
- After the map got revamped, a new sliding section got added right after the 5th button, where there was just some barricades blocking the way.
- The spawn of Poisonous Chasm is also the end of Poisonous Forest, suggesting a connection between the two maps.
- This is the first map to feature an acid rain, the others are Dark Sci-Forest and Poisonous Forest.
- The old version of the map (playable on FE2CM) was renamed to "Lean" as a joke.
- This map has one of the darkest thumbnails in the game.
- If a rescue mission is activated on this map, the escapee will be on a detour on the route to the fourth button.
Walkthrough, OST and Guide
|Poisonous Chasm OST|
|Duration||Composer||Roblox Library ID||Audio|
|Easy||Lost Woods • Axiom • Castle Tides • Poisonous Valley • Marred Dreams • Buried Oasis • Forsaken Era|
|Normal||Infiltration • Cave System • Flood Island • Oriental Grove • Sky Sanctuary • Decrepit Seas • Mysterium • Forgotten Tombs • Construction Thrill • Fall Equinox|
|Hard||Lava Tower • Crystal Caverns • Snowy Peaks • Dark Sci-Forest • Graveyard Cliffside • Wild Savannah • Sedimentary Temple • Sunken Citadel • Relic Valley • Poisonous Forest|
|Insane||Abandoned Facility • Familiar Ruins • Lost Desert • Gloomy Manor • Sinking Ship • Dark Sci-Facility • Beneath The Ruins • Magmatic Mines • Fallen|
|Crazy||Blue Moon • Poisonous Chasm|
|Seasonal Maps||Eerie Peaks • Polar Industry • Northern Workshop|
|Pre-Alpha Maps||Dis gon be EZ • NewThing • Test Map • Map Making Kit • Scientific|
|Unnamed Cave Map • Unnamed Underwater Map • Humble Jungle • Purple Sector • Autumn Hideaway • Unnamed Halloween Map • No Light|