Poisonous Chasm is a community-made Crazy Map created by Shortroundzach. It has 5 standard buttons and 2 group buttons. It is currently playable across all of Flood Escape 2. This is the second Crazy Map to be added into the official Flood Escape 2 game.
Poisonous Chasm takes place in an abandoned mineshaft in a vast chasm which is soon going to be flooded by purple lava or 'poison' (which is the same lava that was also used for acid in Poisonous Valley) that is rising fast. When you spawn into the map, you will be on an elevator and the entrance is partially barricaded with boards, possibly to prevent other people from entering. You can see many wooden platforms, glowing purple crystals, boxes, pipes, small blue lanterns and vegetation while playing. When you start to get closer to the end, you will notice that it's raining poison, possibly an acid rain. The map is also known for being very dark that can cause the demise of many players.
- This map is the second Crazy map to be released in Flood Escape 2. The one before it being Blue Moon.
- This is the 2nd map to follow a mineshaft-theme. The first being Mysterium and the third being Magmatic Mines.
- The truss on the elevator in the beginning of the map can be climbed although you will waste time doing so. If you plan to climb it all the way to the top, the lava will still catch up to you.
- This is Shortroundzach's first map added to Flood Escape 2. The 2nd is Magmatic Mines.
- Before this map was added to the main game, it shared the same OST as Blue Moon.
- Poisonous Chasm's OST contains motifs from Poisonous Valley's OST hence their similarities.
- This map is comparable to Poisonous Valley, Marred Dreams, Wild Savannah, Blue Moon and Construction Thrill in terms of design & gameplay.
- This map might also be inspired by Poisonous Valley because of the similar theme.
- Like Decrepit Seas, this map has an unused OST.
- Before the revamp, there were no exit blocks. This was changed however when the map got revamped.
- The No Buttons Challenge was possible in this map which required wall hopping, back-jumps, and corner clips. An old video of it can be found here. Unfortunately, when the map was revamped, it is no longer possible.
- Poisonous Chasm is the 1st and only map where its liquid's texture got changed 3 times.
- A few weeks after Blue Moon got revamped, Poisonous Chasm also got revamped on July 9, 2021.
- In the Agility Update, the map has been buffed. There are now a few sliding sections at the first part of the map. As a result, the map got harder as the sliding sections slow down many players if they're not familiar with the surroundings.
- There used to be a sliding obstacle near the long jump after the 2nd button. It was removed due to community backlash.
- After the map got revamped, a new sliding section got added right after the 5th button, where there was just some obstacles blocking the way.
- If a rescue mission is activated on this map, the escapee will be on a detour on the route to the fourth button.
Walkthrough, OST and Guide
|Poisonous Chasm OST|
|Duration||Composer||Roblox Library ID||Audio|
|Easy||Lost Woods • Axiom • Castle Tides • Poisonous Valley • Marred Dreams • Buried Oasis • Forsaken Era|
|Normal||Infiltration • Cave System • Flood Island • Oriental Grove • Sky Sanctuary • Decrepit Seas • Mysterium • Forgotten Tombs • Construction Thrill • Northern Workshop|
|Hard||Lava Tower • Crystal Caverns • Snowy Peaks • Dark Sci-Forest • Graveyard Cliffside • Wild Savannah • Sedimentary Temple • Fallen • Sunken Citadel|
|Insane||Abandoned Facility • Familiar Ruins • Lost Desert • Gloomy Manor • Sinking Ship • Dark Sci-Facility • Beneath The Ruins • Magmatic Mines|
|Crazy||Blue Moon • Poisonous Chasm|
|Humble Jungle • Autumn Hideaway • No Light|