Rescue Missions is a map event that occur occasionally while playing Flood Escape 2. In a rescue mission, you will escort an NPC to the exit for gems. This mechanic was introduced into the game on February 3, 2021.
A distress call is signaled to you when the current map event is a rescue mission, notifying players that there is a stranded NPC somewhere in the map. The rescue target is marked in the game similarly to buttons but with a red-colored warning symbol. Each player can only do a Rescue Mission individually, so each player must escort their own escapee.
Getting within range of the target will get them to follow you, mimicking your movements like jumping, sliding, ziplining, doing emotes, etc. Each group button pressed counts as 2 presses with the NPC. If you managed to successfully escort them to the exit without dying, you will be rewarded 1 (2 if the intensity is at least 4).
|Lost Woods||Easy||The escapee will be located on the floor of the large room after the first button.|
|Axiom||Easy||The escapee will be located on the other side of the second button.|
|Castle Tides||Easy||The escapee will be located near the second button.|
|Poisonous Valley||Easy||The escapee will be located on a box floating on the acid river near the second button.|
|Marred Dreams||Easy||The escapee will be located on ground level near the second button.|
|Buried Oasis||Easy||The escapee will be located underwater in the second room.|
|Forsaken Era||Easy||The escapee will be located on a new platform above the door to the outside section of the map.|
|Eerie Peaks||Easy||The escapee will be located on the cobblestone platform in front of the entrance to the 2nd area, right beside the lava pool.|
|Polar Industry||Easy||The escapee will be located on a platform right beside the path after the 5th button.|
|Infiltration||Normal||The escapee will be located in the corner of the last room|
|Cave System||Normal||The escapee will be located in the second button's room on a new platform.|
|Flood Island||Normal||The escapee will be located to the right of the first button, on some changed terrain.|
|Oriental Grove||Normal||The escapee will be located on a new platform by the path to the sixth button.|
|Sky Sanctuary||Normal||The escapee will be located below the starting platform.|
|Decrepit Seas||Normal||The escapee will be located on the shipwreck. To access them, you will have to go to the backside of it.|
|Mysterium||Normal||The escapee will be located on a lower ledge near the fifth and seventh buttons.|
|Forgotten Tombs||Normal||The escapee will be located in the second button's room on a new platform.|
|Construction Thrill||Normal||The escapee will be located on a platform by the truss in the area after the third button.|
|Fall Equinox||Normal||The escapee will be located on one of the rock spires right beside the path to the 2nd button. The escapee can be accessed by jumping off the stone fence after pressing the 1st button.|
|Northern Workshop||Normal||The escapee will be located on top of a bookshelf beside the 5th button.|
|Lava Tower||Hard||The escapee will be located on a platform near the last button.|
|Crystal Caverns||Hard||The escapee will be located underwater on the floor in the underwater section.|
|Snowy Peaks||Hard||The escapee will be on a ledge after the first area.|
|Dark Sci-Forest||Hard||The escapee will be located on a platform above the sixth button. The platform is accessed via the seventh button.|
|Graveyard Cliffside||Hard||The escapee will be located on a platform near the sixth button.|
|Wild Savannah||Hard||The escapee will be located on a platform after the first wall-jump.|
|Sedimentary Temple||Hard||The escapee will be located on a new platform in the fifth button's room.|
|Sunken Citadel||Hard||The escapee will be located underwater in the fifth button's room.|
|Relic Valley||Hard||The escapee will be on a stone ledge in the left side of the 3rd button room. Reach the escapee by climbing the stack of crates next to it.|
|Poisonous Forest||Hard||The escapee will be located near a box at the 3rd button.|
|Abandoned Facility||Insane||The escapee will be located on the floor in the third button's room.|
|Familiar Ruins||Insane||The escapee will be located on the hard lift, which has now been risen up.|
|Lost Desert||Insane||The escapee will be located in front of the gate of the temple.|
|Gloomy Manor||Insane||The escapee will be located by the normal route to the second button on some changed terrain.|
|Sinking Ship||Insane||The escapee will be located at the bottom of the long parkour section, where some boxes were added.|
|Dark Sci-Facility||Insane||The escapee will be located near the wall-jump after the second button, where a small route was added to get them.|
|Beneath The Ruins||Insane||The escapee will be located after the fifth button at a detour from the main route.|
|Magmatic Mines||Insane||The escapee will be located underwater near the sixth button.|
|Fallen||Insane||The escapee will be on the lowest wooden platform on the 7th button's spire.|
|Blue Moon||Crazy||The escapee will be located on a box added to the left of the 6th button.|
|Poisonous Chasm||Crazy||The escapee will be on a detour on the route to the fourth button.|
To make a rescue mission in a map, you must have a part named _Rescue and place it somewhere. You can customize its name by changing the value of RescueName under the folder of Rescue, while you can change its appearance in the Cosmetics folder under the same folder. Save the map and test it. Rescue missions rarely occur unlike Normal Servers, so you have to wait a little bit. When finishing a map with an Escapee (or whatever you call it), the game will say that you have escaped with an Escapee and you will not receive any Gems.
- If you don't have VIP, this is your only way to get gems other than leveling up and reaching Days 5 and 7 in the Daily Login.
- There are 13 possible appearances for the Escapees, in which one of the 7 is randomly picked if it's not a certain map.
- In Beneath The Ruins, the Escapee is replaced with the FE1 Guide.
- In Graveyard Cliffside and Gloomy Manor, the Escapee is replaced with a Skeleton.
- In Blue Moon, the Escapee is replaced with an astronaut.
- In Polar Industry, the Escapee is replaced with an Elf.
- In Construction Thrill, the Escapee is replaced with a Forgotten Worker.
- In Northern Workshop, the Escapee is replaced with Santa.
- The Escapee with the orange hoodie is the same person in the Flood Escape 1 thumbnail.
- Rescue Missions were first teased by Crazyblox on Twitter and Discord on February 1, 2021.
- Lost Woods, Axiom, Castle Tides, Poisonous Valley, Buried Oasis, Infiltration, Crystal Caverns, Snowy Peaks, Sunken Citadel, Abandoned Facility, Lost Desert, Beneath The Ruins and Poisonous Chasm are the only maps that didn't got changed to accommodate rescue missions.
- Back then, there was a glitch where returning to rescue an NPC after finishing the level will cause it to follow you the entire round, regardless of any level you complete and the only way the NPC will disappear is when you rescue another escapee or when you die. This has been fixed.
- The only maps that have the escapees located underwater are Buried Oasis, Crystal Caverns, Sunken Citadel, Abandoned Facility and Magmatic Mines.
- Rescuing escapees in Crazy Maps may be a challenge as you will not only take a detour from the original path, you will also waste time.
- Forsaken Era didn't had a rescue mission when it was first added. It finally had a rescue mission on the 10/23/2021 Halloween Update.
- Before being revamped, Fallen's escapee was located on a small platform right beside the path to the second button.
- Rescue Missions used to occur every 5 minutes or every 3-4 rounds but was changed when Map Events was introduced.
- In the Lobby, there's a machine right beside the Update Log screen that says "Monitoring Distress Calls". Aside from that, it has no affect or purpose during the map event.
- The machine also appears in Abandoned Facility.
|Map Features||Air Bubble/Tank • Buttons • Wall Jump • Liquid • Zipline • Sliding • Map Events (Rescue Missions, Group Buttons Event, Lost Pages) • Daily Challenges • Oxygen • End Zone • XP • Ladder • Intensity • Rooms|
|Extra Features||Anti-Cheat • Levels • Badges • Secrets • Private Server • Rebirth • Teleporters • Daily Login • Map Voting|
|Unintented Features||Glitching • Troll • Shortcuts • Backjumping • Wall Hoping|
|Removed Features||Pro Lock • Death Pit • Skydive|