Sedimentary Temple is a community-made Hard Map made by Jindijim, also known as X_Mahkota. It has a total of 8 Buttons (7 standard & 1 group) and is currently playable at Flood Escape 2. It's revamp is also playable in FE2 Community Maps.
As the name suggests, the map takes place in a ruined temple. The temple's material is sand-colored sedimentary stone. As its name suggests, this map takes place in a temple made out of sand-colored sedimentary stone, with an orange stone lining. The platforms are mostly wooden planks and boards, some of which are hanging from the ceiling. The map is also decorated with wooden boxes and torches. hot sand can be seen pouring out of the walls everywhere and flooding some of the chambers. In the second to the last area, the player will encounter an outside area, with a wooden bridge needed to rise in order to reach the other side. Unlike the rest of the map, the last two areas don't use the hot sand texture for the lava.
- Unlike many of the existing maps, the lava has a different texture and is called "hot sand".
- This Map, along with Fallen have the most Wall Jumps in the entire game being 4.
- Before being added to the main game, the map's name was "Underground Ruins" and is under the Insane difficulty in FE2 Community Maps.
- When Sedimentary Temple was first added to FE2, loading the map's ID in FE2CM will load Marmalade Heights, another Hard map by Jindijim. But as of April 6, 2022, Sedimentary Temple is no longer available in FE2CM.
- Standing on top of the Wall Jump beside the End Zone will prevent you from drowning in the lava, although it doesn't count as a survival unless you went in the Exit Region.
- Like in Gloomy Manor, many players die mostly because of failing a jump, not by the room being flooded.
- Since Sedimentary Temple has a similar theme and soundtrack to Lost Desert, many players have created a connection between the two maps.
- One user, Juegamartin1606, made a map called "Desert Temple" that resembles Lost Desert, and serves as a prequel to Sedimentary Temple. But now it does not serve a connection to Sedimentary Temple and is now a prequel to Dark Canyon.
- Sedimentary Temple is considered by many to be one of the hardest Hard Maps in the game by many players along with Poisonous Forest. as Sedimentary Temple focuses on Small Platform while Poisonous Forest focuses on Blind Jumps and Warparounds. Many players also think that both maps are harder than some Insane maps such as Familiar Ruins and Gloomy Manor.
- In the Agility Update, the new sliding and zipline mechanics is utilized in this map, the sliding mechanic will be used throughout the map while players going for the 4th button can use a zipline to take a shortcut and catch up with the rest of the players.
- Sedimentary Temple is one of the many Hard Maps to has its flood start off with lava. The other maps are Lava Tower, Dark Sci-Forest (1st Liquid), Graveyard Cliffside, Sunken Citadel, Relic Valley (1st Liquid), Poisonous Forest and Wild Savannah (2nd Liquid).
- If a rescue mission is activated on this map, the escapee will be located on a new platform in the fifth button's room.
- During a Lost Page Map Event, the Lost Page will be found behind a box near the wall jumps to the 3rd button.
Walkthrough and OST
|Easy||Lost Woods • Axiom • Castle Tides • Poisonous Valley • Marred Dreams • Buried Oasis • Forsaken Era|
|Normal||Infiltration • Cave System • Flood Island • Oriental Grove • Sky Sanctuary • Decrepit Seas • Mysterium • Forgotten Tombs • Construction Thrill • Fall Equinox|
|Hard||Lava Tower • Crystal Caverns • Snowy Peaks • Dark Sci-Forest • Graveyard Cliffside • Wild Savannah • Sedimentary Temple • Sunken Citadel • Relic Valley • Poisonous Forest|
|Insane||Abandoned Facility • Familiar Ruins • Lost Desert • Gloomy Manor • Sinking Ship • Dark Sci-Facility • Beneath The Ruins • Magmatic Mines • Fallen|
|Crazy||Blue Moon • Poisonous Chasm|
|Seasonal Maps||Eerie Peaks • Polar Industry • Northern Workshop|
|Pre-Alpha Maps||Dis gon be EZ • NewThing • Test Map • Map Making Kit • Scientific|
|Unnamed Cave Map • Unnamed Underwater Map • Humble Jungle • Purple Sector • Autumn Hideaway • Unnamed Halloween Map • No Light|